Advertisement
 

Virgin Mobile will Throttle Heavy Data Users

User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Thursday, 14 July 2011

Virgin Mobile will Throttle Heavy Data Users


Virgin Mobile, the Sprint Nextel prepaid band, has announced that in October they'll begin to throttle customers connection speeds when they use more than 2.5GB of data per month. In a statement the company said that less than 3 percent of their customer base uses that much data. Back in February the company started a 5GB cap, which was designed to optimize the user experience for the other 97% of customers. Virgin hasn't indicated what customers can expect their download speeds to be throttled to, but users won't need to fear overage charges like Verizon and AT&T users. If you don't want to have your access throttled, we'd recommend moving to a Sprint phone, which offers truly unlimited data on their smartphone plans.


 
< Prev   Next >

EVDO News, Tips, Products, Reviews, Verizon and Sprint Experts.
Welcome to the #1 source for EVDO Information. Search our EVDO forums, read our EVDO Blogs, check EVDO coverage and when ready, buy your EVDO products from us, your EVDO Experts. Call us @ 1-866-3GSTORE.
 
The image “http://www.evdoinfo.com/images/stories/evdo_easy_button.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
 

CrawlTrack: free crawlers and spiders tracking script for webmaster- SEO script -script gratuit de dÔøΩtection des robots pour webmaster